All 38 art Reviews

The Comedian The Comedian

Pretty cool! You should check out Dave Wilkins work... reminds me of it :)

A happy panda morning A happy panda morning

Is it traditional or have you overlayed a texture on digital?

Johannek responds:

it's all traditional!
the canvas is pretty small though, so the texture is more visible.

Bond... Bond...

Not bad dude. Try to work on face proportions and colours - there are so many different blues/greys in the face which make the difference between something rubbery and something life like. Another thing is the brush. Try not to make everything soft or it can again add to the rubbery look. A tip would be to add mono chromatic noise at 400, add spatter filter, blur it a little, set it to overlay and then reduce the opacity. It will add some grain to your image to add texture. Overall not a bad attempt :)

Rhunyc responds:

Dude, thanks so much for the great help! I'll definitely be re-checking this comment out for reference in the near future... thank you. :)

Dark Castle Dark Castle

hey not bad. It looks like you have run a filter over it... I would stay away from straight filtering your entire image as it detracts from it :)

Narghot's Ascent Narghot's Ascent

Cool. I was just wondering why his right arm is twisted?

Qikalain responds:

because thats how giant demon roll

COOOKIIIEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! COOOKIIIEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

Thanks :)

Clown Clown

Hey its pretty cool :) Id just be careful because clowns have been done to death lol :P

Cope2K responds:

Yeah thanks! This was from a description but yeah clowns are really overdone :/ Thanks for the comment though!

Handsome Incarnate Handsome Incarnate

Its cool but..

The noise effect totally blows it for me :( ... if you want that grain texture throughout.... try... filling the canvas with a middle grey tone, adding 400 noise, blur more a few times so its not fully focused, set layer to overlay and put the opacity down to about 12%... its more subtle and blends more.... and makes sure the noise is monochromatic :)

Modular Optical Enhancer Modular Optical Enhancer

cool syle

The only thing I dont understand is the lighting on the fingers. The light is coming from her right on the middle finger, but on the rest of the fingers its the other side. But again cool style :)

DeliciousOrange responds:

I don't really see that, but keep in mind that there is more than one light source in the picture.

Hand 7 Hand 7

good!

Good study :) although instead of having contours of colour - try blending them instead, natural skin (which I assuming you are trying to achieve by doing a study) is smooth and soft. So shadows dont have hard edges etc.

HybridMind responds:

Totally good point. I guess I'm just working with this study in a stylistic way. I'm drawing this in Flash so I don't have much easy blending capability since it is all vector.